About Being a Fun Day Volunteer
Being a Sisanda Fun Day volunteer is fun, free and flexible. You don't need to make us any promises and we don't make you any guarantees. Depending on the size and nature of each Fun Day, we generally require between 15 and 30 volunteers per Fun Day.
When you register as a volunteer we add you to our database, and we keep you up to speed on all of our upcoming Fun Days and special programmes. You get to decide which Fun Days you'd like to volunteer for, so you don't need to make any long-term commitments upfront, although many of our regular volunteers have fostered long-standing sustainable relationships of their own with organisations they have encountered through volunteering for SisandaFunDaytion.
The general plan of action for a typical Fun Day is as follows:
- Rise and shine!
- Volunteers meet at a central location and are debriefed on all of the Fun Day details by a member of the Sisanda FunDaytion team.
- Volunteers are shuttled to the beneficiary, usually by bus or other transport organised by Sisanda FunDaytion.
- Volunteers undertake an informative guided tour of the beneficiary to learn more about the area where the children they'll be looking after for the day come from, and what the organisation is all about.
- Next, it's time to meet the children. Volunteers are introduced to the child or children they'll be responsible for during the course of the day (between one and three children per volunteer).
- Volunteers and children then head off together on the bus to experience their fabulous Fun Day.
- Healthy snacks, drinks and a substantial lunch are provided for all children and volunteers.
- When the Fun Day activities come to an end, children and volunteers return to the beneficiary together to say their goodbyes.
- Volunteers are shuttled back to the central meeting point (this is when everyone swaps phone numbers and stories from the day or make plans to meet up at the next Fun Day).
If you'd love to volunteer, we'd love for you to sign-up. Register
and we'll be in touch soon to let you know how you can get involved..